Razer unveils “Wolverine” customisable controller for PC/XBONE
Fresh from the inbox this afternoon comes a press release from Razer, revealing a new controller peripheral dubbed the Wolverine, which is being hailed as “the most customisable controller” produced to date for PC and Xbox One.
Some of the features include:
- Remappable 2 Multi-Function Buttons & 4 Triggers
- Razer Chroma lighting with full 16.8 million color options
- Interchangeable D-Pad – Choice between Individual and Tilting Designs
- Interchangeable Thumbsticks
- Hair-Trigger Mode with Trigger-Stop for rapid-fire
- Quick Control Panel
- Tactile Switch Action Buttons
- Ergonomic Non-Slip Rubber Grip
- Razer Synapse for Xbox app
- Razer Chroma SDK enabled
- Play Anywhere – Play on Xbox One or PC
- 3.5 mm audio port for stereo audio output and microphone input
According to the press release, units will ship with a carry case and lightweight braided fiber cable with Micro-USB connector, in true Razer fashion (those braided cables are mint).
This could be a worthy upgrade for someone who likes a bit of flair on their kit or likes to fine tune every input they have for maximum efficiency. Me? I’m still running with an official Microsoft XBox 360 Controller for my PC to play Elite: Dangerous with, which still kicks ass today.
Some of the features sound nice on paper, and it definitely looks pretty, but I can’t bring myself to agree with the name of it. As long as there isn’t any sort of crappy origins story made for it, we should be okay to ignore that.
Will it be worth the asking price of $229.95AUD? I guess we’ll see once the Wolverine hits the market. The Wolverine is expected to hit the Razer Store next month, with worldwide distribution commencing Fourth Quarter 2017.